Friday 12 April 2013

Awkward...

Well, lets all discuss the most awkward places to suddenly remember that your dear Dad is, in fact dead and not just on some everlasting holiday...

a.  During an episode of all singing, all dancing 'Glee.'
b. In the cinema whilst watching Hansel and Gretel.
c. Tesco's - bread and cakes aisle...
d. Outside Marks and Spencer's in a big shopping mall cos they didn't have the right coloured rose bouquet and his spirit might not like the peach ones - I always get the yellow ones.
e. At the gym, on the treadmill.

 To mention but a few.

And folks, when I say "remember" what I actually mean is burst into horrendous, sobbing tears. The kind that you don't know if it's snot or tears rolling down your face.

I miss that man. I miss that he missed my big birthday. And the mahoosive banner the kids strung between the houses! And that my awesome husband's got game and whisked me away for a lovely get-away in the Lake District, just the 2 of us. Or the fact that my birthday went on being celebrated for a whole week :)

I dream about him (my beloved Dad) every night and have done since about a week after the funeral. Last night I dreamt his car was broken so he had a Porsche Cayenne???

I'm making him a thousand cranes. A dedication from my heart.














Windermere
Birthday flowers!








LaLa and Doodles doing the birthday things :)


The end result! And yes, I am wearing a tiara!


Any guesses on how old I was??
New fire-pit for relaxing evenings :) *happy
Big brother and me



No comments:

Post a Comment