Tuesday 29 October 2013

Flowers and leaves and things

So, I finally found autumn. Turns out it was hiding in the back garden all along.  I relish this season of transition, everything getting ready for the slow part of the year. There is still some warmth in the sun but you can smell the cooler air blowing in and before you know it - hey presto, jumpers and scarves and hats!! Score!


















I found some lovely potted Calla lilies in a beautiful shade of burgundy black. I can't describe them any other way than those 2 colours, darker than the deep red of a peony yet not quite as soulless as a black tulip. And there was just one crystallised drop of sap on the tip of one of its flowers. They made my day.




With the husband starting on his new day time hours at work I am filling in the time best I can. We are waiting til we are sure the boy child has settled in at college before I start hunting for work, that way I am on hand in case anything goes awry or he stresses out too much.
I'm now writing and creating, drawing and getting round to doing all the things I wished I could do if only I'd had the time... Currently I'm relearning crocheting. It's one of those things you learn as a child when you're sat next to your Grandma and she teaches you the rudimentary steps that were probably passed down from her Granny.
Except I am a little bit "if you don't use it you lose it" and I have forgotten it mostly BUT thank goodness for YouTube is all I can say :)

Along with all the doing I am finding my fingers are itching to pick up a book, any book will do but am grateful the husband bought me the sequel to
 Stephen King's "The Shining."

It carries on 20 years or more after the Overlook hotel and its darkness. I wonder which movie studio will buy the rights to it??


















And this little beauty gives me a nudge when my eyelids start to droop and I need a bit of a pick me up!


















All in all I think October has been a fine month, let's see what November brings, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment